BBQ Revolution: Innovative Barbecue Recipes from an All-Star Pitmaster
by Mitch Benjamin (Author)
From classic, competition-winning recipes to boundary-pushing 'que, join the founder of Meat Mitch competition BBQ team and Char Bar Smoked Meat and Amusements for a BBQ Revolution!
Mitch Benjamin has helped open BBQ restaurants in Paris, served his smoked meat to baseball legends at Yankee Stadium, and taken home some serious hardware from just about every major BBQ competition. In this book, he throws open the doors to his kitchen (or as he calls it, his "Mitchen") and takes BBQ on a wild ride! The book starts with his behind the scenes look at competition BBQ and smoking, then winds its way through chapters both classic and creative:
- Learn the ins and outs of competition BBQ, including some of Mitch's award-winning recipes for sauces, rubs, and meats from brisket and burnt ends to short ribs and pork butt.
- Take a trip behind the scenes of Kansas City's Char Bar, with some of their most popular recipes like their burnt heaven and smoked chicken nuggets. Mitch even breaks out the smoking gun for some smoked cocktails!
- Next up, some truly revolutionary BBQ. Leave your expectations at home as Mitch showcases recipes with reverse smoking, sous vide, and other techniques. Master non-traditional mains including smoked salmon, jackfruit, bone marrow, and much more.
- There's never "que" much of a good thing! In a full chapter on making the most of smoked meat, Mitch whips up Japanese steamed buns; candied pork belly; and barbeque-stuffed tacos, quiche, and poutine.
- Last but not least, Mitch shares some of his legendary sides and "amusements." Think addictive pimiento cheese, deviled eggs, whoopie pies, and more!
Whether you're relatively new to BBQ or a seasoned pitmaster, you're sure to find new ideas, techniques, and flavors if you hang around with Mitch. What are you waiting for? Join the revolution!
- Publisher : Harvard Common Press (May 11, 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 208 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1592339956
- ISBN-13 : 978-1592339952